About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Be Brave, Be Strong, Be True

Good morning folks. This is very exciting, it's my first ever blog post for ' A Sprinkle of Imagination ' and I feel so very proud and honoured to be here.

 

There are so many changes taking place in my household at the moment. My son has just started an apprenticeship and my daughter has started at secondary school. With my daughter in mind I created a page in my journal.

 

I know that I am going to be incredibly biast but my daughter really is inspirational. She gives everything 100% and wants to do it well. Sophie loves to sing, write, bake and even ventures down into my craft room where we sometimes sit and participate in a crafty session or two. Unfortunately she seems to have a very low self esteem where she underestimates herself because of how her peers may have judged her. So this is a little message that I want to pass onto my girl to help her with new chapter.

 

 

For this project I used:

Dina Wakely Paints

Dina Wakely Silhouetted women

3 x 5 Gelli Plate

Tim Holtz layering stencils

Cargo

Crocodile

Burlap

Splotches

 

I also used some of my own textures like bubble wrap and bottle tops on my Gelli plate.

I started off on my page with Tangerine paint on my gelli plate, putting down various prints using things like a metal grid from a disposable barbeque (bizarre) and bubble wrap. To dull down the orange paint a little I repeated this with white paint.

With the Gelli plate I applied two colours midnight and turquoise and blended with a brayer. I used some bottle tops on the gelli plate to make circular patterns before printing.

Using some midnight paint I went through the cargo and crocodile stencils and then with the burlap stencil I applied some white paint.

Dina's silhoutted women were all stamped onto the page but on a separate piece of card I painted some magenta and added some orange with the splotches stencil. When this was dry I stamped on another of the women and cut out and stuck onto the page.

 

I added some doodling over the two background characters and some words of wisdom around the edge of the page that says 'Don't be afraid to stand out from the crowd. Be brave, Be strong, Be true'

 

 

So that's my first blog for A Sprinkle of imagination, phew! I shall be back again soon with some more craftiness. Thank you for taking the time to stop by, I love to hear your thoughts and comments, you can do this below or if you would like to see what I get up to next you can follow my blog by clicking on one of the above links.

 

Happy crafting,

Clare x x x

 

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely fabulous Clare, and congratulations again on your new DT post xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous journal page Clare and I am sure your daughter will appreciate it
    Congrats on your DT post. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare this is fantastic. Congratulations on your design team post. There are big changes in your house I wish your children all the best. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Journal & congratulations. All the best to you and your family xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on your new DT position and love love love this page. A fabulous message. All the best to your children to :)

    Hugs Abbs xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.