About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Sunday 1 January 2017

Put a stencil on it!

Happy new year to you all!  It's the start of a brand new year and I'm filled with plenty of optimism that it is going to be a very crafty one indeed.  There is much excitement as we welcome a new member Lynne Erskine Forsythe to the team.  It's the first of the month so to set you all off here is the first challenge for Mixed Media Monthly challenge.  


 


  Our very generous sponsors, Stencil Girl, sent me 3 fabulous stencils to play with.  Our guest designer is non other than Mary Beth Shaw so be sure to pop over to the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog to see what wonderful creations Mary and the rest of our amazing team have made.  There will be a $25 gift certificate for our lucky winner,  just think of the fun to be had with those fabulous stencils! 


             
Stencils are versatile crafty tools with oodles of uses the hardest part of this challenge was deciding which way to use them.




 I chose to get out the paints along with the gelli plate.  Selected my colour pallet using a variety of paints which included a metalic gold and set off printing lots and lots of yummy prints ready to collage onto a canvas.  

 


I selected the prints that I was going to use and applied them to the canvas using Matt medium.



Once my collage pieces were glued down I knocked back the entire piece with some white paint before spritz in with some vibrant turquoise Dylusions ink.  From the flowery prints I die cut 3 circles and collages them on with matt medium.  

 


I added some shading to the circles and the collage pieces using a black neocolourII crayon and highlights with some white and gold metalic paint.

 


Finally I added some texture paste through the flowery stencil along with some treasured gold to give a metallic finish.    


So now I'm handing over to you!  Time to put a stencil on it and head over to the MMMC blog to check out the rules and submit your entries.

Happy crafty new year to you all,

New year hugs,
Clare X X X 

37 comments:

  1. When I saw this over on Mixed Media Monthly I just had to come over to see how you achieved this! You really have created THE most amazing dimension on the three circles - they really do look 3D. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous spread! LOVE the colours and the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare this is amazing I love the dimension you have achieved with the circles. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful, Clare! I just love the combinations of papers, patterns, and colors!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous canvas. I love the metallics and patterns xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, amazing how much definition the dark crayon gives. It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Absolutely stunning piece of art xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing canvas Clare it would grace any room. Love the texture and the colours you have used

    Hilda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning project Clare and I love those earthy colours and those wonderful circles
    catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dimension on this work is stunning! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful depth and shape to this! Love how used the stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is fabulous Clare! Love all the fabulous stenciled layers, you have inspired me to go buy a Gelli plate, this is amazing! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks amazing, love the stencils.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Gorgeous! It looks soooo dimensional!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic mixed medai art with those pattrened papers with strncil. Great inspiration for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shadows make a difference. Beautiful artwork

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, beautiful piece of art. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. A stunning composition Clare - be happy to have this on my wall! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous collection of prints - I love the limited colour palette - they all look amazing together. And your final piece looks just wonderful - brilliant shading to create dimension. I love it.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW - your piece is great! Wonderful shading, it looks 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!! Stencil into the circle.. loved it !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing! Your baubles or circles look absolutely 3D! And I also love your colours! I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! What an absolutely stunning canvas! LOVE all the layers and the way you achieved that 3D look! Again, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow what an amazing piece, I love what you have done here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love using stencil and mono-printing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful canvas. Love the layers you built up to the stunning end result.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG visually stunning, awesome use of circles as your main focus and love all the stenciling

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love gelli printing!!! So unpredictable and surprising:) Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous texture and a well done project! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a lovely project... Beautiful use of the elements...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such a lovely project... Beautiful use of the elements...

    ReplyDelete
  32. The dimension on this piece is outstanding Clare.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.