About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Monday 21 September 2015

Art is Freedom


Good morning to you all. Today I am sharing with you something from my art journal. This year I have been starting to develop my drawing/painting skills. I do this in the comfort of my own home largely because there are a lack of workshops to attend in the South West of england. So when I started this page I wanted to share a little of me with you!

This page was based on a picture that I had previously sketched into a sketch book, too scared to add any colour to it I decided to leave it as it was in my sketch book but recreate it in my art journal.

Now I have probably have created this page a little back to front but I decided to sketch into my journal first before covering with a layer of clear gesso.

 

Time to add some colour, eeek, scary times!

I painted the face mixing Dina Wakely paints for the skin tones.

When Painting on my background, again I used Dina Wakely paints through the Finnabair wild roses stencil. I added some stamping using the Finnabair dot grunge stamp and some butterflies, circles and sentiment from the Finnabair Dont forget to fly set.

 

I painted some card and stamped several of the tiny butterflies, fussy cut them out and applied them to my ladies head.

 

Compared to some I am still relatively new in my art journaling journey. I know that I still have a lot to learn but isn't it fun enjoying the ride?

 

Thank you for stopping by today. I am always overjoyed when you share your thoughts and comments.

 

Big hugs,

Clare x x x

 

5 comments:

  1. This is fab, Clare....very, very clever! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous art work. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal piece! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful Clare, thankyou so much for sharing, very inspiring...HUGS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. always love your work, you're so talented and clever !

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.