About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Saturday 4 March 2017

Oxide Love

Evening all, my love for distress inks has been well and truly rekindled since being introduced to the yummy new Distress Oxide pads!  I have seen many a doubtful post over the past few weeks as people were deciding if they were going to invest in the new little pads of inky fun.  Now I have to admit I was a little hesitant at first about ordering them, but boy I'm glad I did!  I am somewhat addicted to experimenting, trying them in different colour ways, spritzing with perfect pearls as opposed to just water.  The more I make, the more ideas that come to mind!


Paperartsy  stamps by Jofy

I love the countless layers that you can build using the dye & pigment fusion of inks.  Keep adding
layers, spritzing with water, dry in between and add your next layer.  This simple background was made just by inking up my craft mat, spritzing with water and mopping the colours up with the card.  I used fossilised amber, spiced marmalade, fired brick and antique photo.

Paperartsy stamps by jofy 

A similar technique, I started off by mopping the colour from the craft mat but this time I introduced some stencilling.  I used worn lipstick, cracked pistachio and iced spruce.


   

Butterfly stamp from Indigoblu



A few practice tags from last weekend.  Tags are fantastic for experimenting on.  Working  on a  smaller size really gave me the confidence to play and see what I could achieve.  



Caribelle studio stamps 


 Sizzix dies from Tim Holtz 



 Paperartsy stamps by Tracy Scott

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

Happy crafting, Clare x x x 







9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, my favourite are the colours one second card...yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fabulous projects and wonderful colours. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags. I've bought the oxide inks too, but I'm still practicing - not ready to share just yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fabulous, Clare!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab creations...you've convinced me that I need the Distress Oxides in my life ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. These are fab. Love the oxide effect xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi all your makes are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.