About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Thursday 15 September 2016

Love, Discover, Embrace

Good morning all, I'm here again today with another post for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!  Our more than generous sponsers, Canvas Corp, sent me an abundance of crafting goodies I was able to come up with another mixed media piece.  
  I have included some photo steps for this piece but so far into making this I got lost in the moment and forgot about the photos!  

I started off by layering some Canvas Corp papers onto a canvas board.  Once dried I roughly scraped some gesso over the top and stamped into it to leave lots of texture.



Once the gesso had dried I added some texture paste through a stencil. 
 Using the fabulous Tattered Angels  glimmer mists, supplied by Canvas Corp,  I spritzed over the canvas board leaving various shades of shimmer behind.

Whilst waiting for my shimmering board to dry I pieced together some more of the gorgeous papers to prepare for another piece to place on my canvas.

 Again I spritzed with the bronze glimmer mist and cut out my shimmering heart.
Here is where the photo stages ceased so I'll talk you through the rest.  I took my heart and using the sewing machine I sewed some random lines, with various patterns, over the heart.  I also cut out a couple of smaller hearts from to accompany the large heart. I layered the large heart with burlap and using a hot glue gun, I applied this to the canvas along with the two smaller hearts.  I applied some words and added some background stamping in white ink.  I also added some white dotty doodles.  


 There is still plenty of time for you to submit your  rustic entry for this months Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.  There is a voucher worth $25 from Canvas Corp up for grabs!  Pop over to the blog for some more inspiration and show us your creations.   Crafty Hugs, Clare X X X     

8 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, stunning mixed media project. Love the colours and gorgeous layout. Hugs ~Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry all, for some reason the link for Mixed Media Monthy Challenge isn't working. Try this one http://mixedmediamc.blogspot.com/2016/09/mid-month-inspiration-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Clare - YUMMY textures and color blending. It's a mixed media DELIGHT. j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning piece Clare, amazing colour tones and effects, just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTALLLLY AMAZING .....just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning canvas and great tutorial

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.