About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Sunday 6 December 2015

Let it snow!

Hello all, it's Clare here today bringing you a bit of christmas bling! Now some of you may curse me asking for snow but it seems that ever since my mum embellished us with sledges one christmas, we have had none. Living on the South West coast of England the white fluffy stuff just flows over us and we are left with a mere smattering.

So to encourage a seasonal flurry here is a litle wintery project I put together.

For this project I used:

Finnabair modeling paste

Dina Wakely Black Gesso

Dina Wakely media line paints

Micro beads

Prima wood icons in a box

Distress crackle paint rock candy

Finnabair art ingredients mica powders

 

With this project I added the texture with a stencil after that was dry I assembled the Prima wood icons in a box and chosen artifacts with a hot glue gun. Then I gave everything a coat of black gesso. Once dried I dry brushed over my blackened project using Dina Wakely paints. I gave my wintery project a coat of distress crackle paint and once again waited for it to dry.

Out with the glue gun again but this time to add in some dots which will soon become beautiful pearls once I dust over with Finnibair art ingedients mica powders.

 

Thank you for stopping by today.

 

With lots of christmas crafty hugs,

Clare x x x

 

4 comments:

  1. My oh my - this is so beautiful! I love the colours, the texture, to be honest everything about it is so gorgeous and yummy! I have an idea that it looks even better in real life. Thanks so much for sharing this with us Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Clare, This is absolutely stunning, as Karen has said love everything about it, beautiful colours.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, Wow what a fantastic project, The colours are just perfect and I love how you have designed it. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning work Clare. X

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.