About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Friday 20 February 2015

Clare DT - Swing

Hi it's Clare here and I have been a busy bee using Bee Crafty's newest selection of Inspired by Banksy stamps. I have had so much fun using these arty stamps and still have so many ideas bumbling around in the old grey matter!

For this project I have used:

Dylusions inks

Inspired by Banksy - Swing

Backdrop stamp - crackle

BEAUtanicals stamp - leaves

Wordage stamp - decision to try

Inkables template - alternative circles

Inkables template - Hearts

Liquid pearls

Distress inks

 

I started off by spraying the whole card with black marble dylusions and and drying off. After that I used the alternative circles and sprayed white linen on the side of the card and flipped the stencil over to use up the White ink left over along the bottom of the card. I stamped the leaves around the side and top of the card.

I dug out my water brush and lifted off the black ink, within the leaves, so that I could paint in cherry pie. A bit of random stamping with the crackle stamp onto the card and then through the heart template I blended in an area of fired brick distress inks.

I stamped on Banksy swing girl and used embossing powder. The sentiment was stamped onto coordinating card and cut out. Finally a bit of doodling with a white pen and some of my favourite liquid pearls.

 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post. Please feel free to leave a comment below or even follow. I have had problems with the link to follow my blog so if you have tried before have another go, if you have any problems let me know so I can try to sort it out.

 

Crafty hugs,

Clare x x x

9 comments:

  1. Oooh I love this! Fabulous background and a great stamp. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different textures and fab colour combo. Great sentiment too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Clare, love the background and reminds me of when I used to play on the swings.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fab background,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare this is a fantastic card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Clare, this is a fabulous project. Love the image and the lovely colours. Great design and background to.

    I am your newest follower.

    Chrissy xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.