About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Friday 1 July 2016

I am proud to announce........


Hi guys,  this is so exciting!  I'm here today to let you all know that I have been invited on to the Design Team for The Mixed Media monthly challenge!

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge offer you monthly, themed challenges and guest designer. There are some amazing prizes available each month.

So without further ado let me tell you about this months challenge.  The theme for this month is 'Reach for the Stars'. This months guest designer is no other than Seth Apter!

Let me share with you my creation for this months starry themed challenge.


Using my Dina Wakely heavy body acrylics I put down a base colour onto my blank canvas using lime and white.  Using an old credit card I put down an assortment of black lines around the picture.  With some die cut stars to use as a mask. I placed them on the canvas and using Tim Holtz stripes stencil I applied some texture paste and removed the masks.  I added some smaller stars from a Dylusions stencil by drawing these.  




Once the paste had dried I went back to my Dina paints I used turquoise, lime and umber to blend over the top of my previous layer but leaving the original colour peeping through the stars.  



I stamped in the voided stars with Seth Apters star stamp and heat embossed with frosted embossing powder.  I added some walnut distress inks so that you could see the wonderful detail from the stamp.  




I wanted one of my large stars to have a bit more dimension so with a couple of layers of hard board I die cut a star and glued them together.  I covered in tissue paper and spritzed with Dylusions turquoise ink.  Once dried I stamped Seth's star stamp once again with black ink and once again heat embossed.  Using some more Dylusions stencils (dots & alphabet). I sponged over the stencils with a mixture ofwhite and turquoise paint.  For the finishing touches I added in some shadows around my stars with a black inktence pencil and some white doodles with a Posca pen.





Thank you for stopping by today.   Remember to pop over to The Mixed Media Monthly challenge blog  to check out the challenge rules  and submit your entries.  The star that  I have used in this project is included in this months prize!


Crafty hugs,

Clare x x x 






23 comments:

  1. Congrats and great sharing w/easy instructions-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous canvas Claire, love the design and colour. Congratulations on your DT post. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the team!!! such a gorgeous starry project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your DT appointment. Stunning project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being a part of the team. Love the effects you got with my star stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, how exciting! And what a very cool project to start with. The colors and extras like the white dots are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the becoming a DT member! I love, love, love the colours and textures on your piece. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant and amazing colors !!! I love this canvas! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the use of colors and textures on this, Clare! Fabulous looking canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors you used and wonderful texture Clare - congrats on being a new DT member! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous project and congrats on your new DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your project, all the layers and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats! and love your canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations ! loved your projects ,lovely textures not overpowering but fit for the theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and welcome to the team! Your first project here is so pretty and a real winner! I love the stripes you made with the stencil and the card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Clare! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful projects. I love the beautiful colors that you have used in this piece. The Tim Holtz stencil is one of my favs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. Fab creation x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you worked up Seth's star, as well as all the effort you put in to the background.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations - I love the colours on your project

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations - I love the colours on your project

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! This is really cool!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.