About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Monday 16 February 2015

Brushos at Chippenham Workshop

I was very fortunate to be able to attend one of Barbara Daines's workshops at Chippenham this weekend. If you are close enough to go they usually meet the first Saturday of every month and spend a delightful day full of crafty techniques. Barbara also set me a new personal challenge to do a demonstration, 'oh heck' I thought I am not always one with the brushos!

 

I have spent some time playing with brushos and not always been happy with what I have achieved. However I have had more success recently using brushos to watercolour so I set about having a play with these delightful little powdery colours to see what I could create.

Inkables template from Bee Crafty

The hardest thing for me about brushos is not being in control of what is happening so I thought about how I could shape what is happening. I had heard about salt being used as a resist so I wandered what would happen if I tried it through a stencil.

 

Being careful not to put too much through the stencil I managed to leave behind a pattern and sprinkle the brushos in the void areas that had no salt. Once I had spritzed with water and dried with the heat gun I scraped away the salty patterns which left and effective background.

 

 

With the vibrant colours that brushos leave behind and a selection of stencils the possibilities are endless.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. I love to hear your thoughts and comments.

 

Crafty hugs,

Clare x x x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Clare your creations are gorgeous. I haven't used Brushos yet they look exciting. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous backgrounds and I do love the cute birds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, these are brilliant, fabulous backgrounds and image

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing card! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all great cards, Clare....and thank you for doing a demo of the salt technique at my workshop, we all enjoyed it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super backgrounds, Clare, great to have a play around with different things isn't it..fabulous creations hun, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.