About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Wednesday 15 March 2017

Altered book dragonfly

Good day to you all.  A quick blog post from me today with a little mid month inspiration for Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.  Challenge #34 Buttons.  As you were very well informed  in my previous post for this Challenge, you will already know that I am rather fond of the use of buttons in my crafting.  This time I decided to have a go at an altered book.


I love Dragonflys too!  They appear in abundance all around my home,  they have  even become a symbol of our christian distinctiveness at the school where I work!  So I crafted an altered book to put up on a display for school.



I started off by sticking down my pages with Matt medium and giving the pages a coat of gesso.  As the book had coloured pages a gave it a couple of coats as I did it want any of the bright colours poking through.  Once the gesso had dried, I scrunched up some printed tissue paper and glued it down with more Matt medium.  Through a TCW chicken wire stencil, I applied some grunge paste to add some texture.



  I sprayed the pages  with tattered angels glimmer mists.  The buttons were glued down, to form the dragonfly, with finnabair 3D gel.  More drying time,  then time to apply some Finnabair rust paste.  I sanded back the grunge paste and then applied some treasured gold gilding wax to the wire fence stencilling and dragonfly.



Thank you for stopping by today, remember to submit your entries over at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog.  


Happy crafting,
Clare x x x 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous use of buttons Claire and a great design. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is, an awsome creation!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the texture you achieved along with using the buttons to create an dragon fly was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea! Beautiful work!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.