About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Friday 10 June 2016

Bubbles time!


Good afternoon bloggers, I hope you are well and looking forward to the weekend?  I wanted to share today's canvas with you.  Last year I made a birthday card for my mum very similar to this.  A friend of mine spotted it and asked me to recreate it on a canvas using a different colour scheme.



Here is how I made my butterfly bubbles.  I first sprayed my canvas through the TCW microbial stencil with some goosebumps.  Once dried I sprayed with Dylusion inks funky fushia and bubblegum pink and chased them around with a can of compressed air (you can do this with a straw but this is the easy option to save hyperventilating)


Lots of drying time required in this project, thankfully it is warm at the moment and I didnt have to wait too long.  Once the ink had dried I needed to seal in the inks so that it didn't start to move around when I started to paint.  I gave a couple of coats of clear spray matt sealer and...you got it more drying time.

Time to draw in the bubbles, once drawn i painted them with 3 shades of Paperartsy paints orchid, sherbet and snowflake.  When the paint had dried I was able to use my Neocolour II crayons to add more depth to the bubbles.

Through the TCW tiny circles stencil I added some white and black dots around, in and out the  bubbles.  When these had dried I stamped on my image which is the Indigoblu butterfly.  I heat embossed with clear powder.   I painted the flutterby with some mica powders and blending solution.



I hope that you have enjoyed your visit today?  If you have feel free to leave a comment below or follow by pressing one of the follow buttons above.

Happy crafting,
Clare x x x x

11 comments:

  1. This is stunning Clare, love the depth and detail you've created, what patience and skill you have 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Clare, love the depth and detail you've created, what patience and skill you have 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Claire, this canvas is fabulous, I just love the bubbles and the colour is gorgeous. Stunning butterfly. Hugs `Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo I so love your bubbles! Thanks for sharing your canvas. I appreciate the tips on sealing the layers, too!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work just keeps getting better and better.....this is fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow this is absolutely stunning, with gorgeous colours, love the stencils and the butterfly.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare this is a stunning canvas I love those bubbles, butterfly and the wonderful colour. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning canvas and love that bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Clare. Summer is in the air.
    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love the bubbles. Am going to try that one. Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.