About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Wednesday 26 August 2015

It's a wrap!

Good afternoon folks. I'm back today with a little blog about what I've been up to in the craft room. As a crafter, like yourselves, I'm always on the lookout for new projects or things that I can upcycle. As I have just finished painting my dresser with Annie Sloan paint I decided that the empty paint can was going to get a makeover of it's own!

 

 

I started off by painting my empty can with gesso, once dry I coated it with antique white crafters acrylic and then some paperartsy guacamole fresco paint for my grass.

 

Onto some white tissue paper I stamped my images, from Lavinia Stamps, and coloured in with pencils.

 

 

I glued the wrap onto the can using mod podge matt glue and applied a glaze over the whole thing to seal it.

To the top and bottom rim of the can I rubbed on some treasured gold (oringinal). To pick out the tissue texture and create a sky I used some aquamarine treasured gold.

 

 

Finally I added some pearly dots and some stickles for a little more dimension.

I would like to enter this project into the following challenge: Challenge # 8 Anything but a card

So here it is, my very own upcylced paint can, already accomodating my evergrowing paintbrush collection.

Thank you for popping over to look at my blog. I look forward to hearing your comments.

 

Happy crafting,

Clare x x x

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Clare, I love this altered paint tin, it's fabulous. Great techniques used and great choice of stamps. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps.
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh wow Clare this is excellent. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your made a lovely item - and a great tutorial too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super idea Claire, I love the pattern. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare....What a super idea and with all the tins we have in my house I can't think of anything else nicer to do with them..... Beautiful work ..... Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Clare this is fantastic. Thank you for the tutorial. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Clare, what a fantastic altered paint can, great idea, I'm currently painting my hall, and you have given me an idea ;) thanks for the inspiration.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is fabulous, love the stamps and the scene you have created.

    Hugs Abbs xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.